Summer Counselor-In-Training Program is open to teens who:
- Are rising 9th or 10th graders
- Enjoy working with others and being active all day long
- Want to make meaningful connections and lifetime memories
- Are looking to develop leaderships skills
- Want to build confidence
- Strive to be a positive role model
The camp environment provides a unique opportunity for youth to build leadership skills, particularly when interacting and supporting younger children. The objective of the program is to teach the general skills of leadership that can then be applied at school, home, and throughout the community. The sessions run for 2 weeks and offer training in CPR, First Aid Training, and/or a Babysitting Course (depending on age/session).
The CIT program is separated into three 2-week programs during the 7-week Summer Day Camp program, which runs Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., from July 1 through August 9.
CIT Program Information:$275 per session (2 weeks)
- Session I: July 1 – July 12 (2 weeks)
- Session II: July 15 – July 26 (2 weeks)
- Session III: July 29 - August 9 (2 weeks)
Students interested in the CIT program must apply and be interviewed, and will be notified of acceptance by June 1. Payment is due in full at the time of registration. CIT fees are non-refundable and a credit will only be issued if and when a wait list is formed. Registration must be made in advance, as we allow a maximum of 4 CITs per session, and spots fill quickly. Please download the CIT Application
and complete and return it to Amanda Herzog, Manager of IDS+ Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 115 Laurel Brook Rd., Middlefield, CT 06455.